Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shiva, Krishna, Jesus all did it.. So, what’s wrong when we do it??

People recite Bhagwad Geeta for continuously 7 days, thinking it’s going to be most auspicious thing to do it on this geo. Yes, even I agree to that, but also keeping in my mind that Geeta contains all the so-called leelas played by Lord Krishna. And also contains the fact that he had 16,800 marriages, rather more than that. Then what’s wrong when a normal man like us goes for the second marriage? Suppose, if I go for even a single leela amongst the several ones He has played , I am sure to enjoy a “Hang till death “ sentence by sweet people whose families are worshipping Krishna from, I don’t know how many generations.

Kunti, mother of all Pandava’s, gave a birth to Karn , who was born from Sun . And we happily say that Kunti had gandharva vivah with Surya but are not ready to accept any of the pre-martial thingi’s in todays world. I remember a debate in my college where one of the professors gave the example of Ram, Sita and Lakshman, saying, “We do have a tradition, which follows the ideologies of such great people”. I just want to ask one question, when we can adulate Ram, why can’t we do it to Krishna ;) Don’t misunderstand me as an atheist. I very much believe in God and you can actually confirm this from the people staying around me.. But along with following other preachings from Him, I would love to follow other obscure ones too ;)
The Da Vinci Code clearly says what’s the Holy Grail is about. I don’t need to say anything. I am not saying they were wrong. I just say that “ then why is it wrong for us?? " ;)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one is recommended to read the leelas only when they have read certain other scriptures. also usually the really spiritually inclined people listen to it and not study by themselves lest things are left for one's imagiation and some arbit question comes up...

12:12 AM  
Blogger Sreejith said...

what is the ulterior motive behind this post?? ;)

2:04 AM  
Blogger AlterinG Abhishek said...

...well sreejith has a valid question..
But your are right about questioning the Bhagvada geeta

..
But as per my limited understanding....
our perception of the holy text is different at different times and different levels of understanding also

try to look up the real texts and understand them...
no offence but

8:11 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

@ asr : OK .. then suggest me what to read .. hey , i never ment to offend anyone .. I was just posing some of the questions which came in my mind ..

@ sreejith : You will get to know that soon ;)

@ abhishek : I know .. this whole effect is the result of reading
Dan Brown Books ;)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Sukesh Kumar said...

I too agree with you. And my thinking was like that even before reading Dan Brown [:P]....

But one point : I dont think Bhagvad Geeta contains any Leela. It just depicts Karma and Dharma : Pros and Cons

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
You have a good question .But know one thing that Krsna even lifted GOvardhan Hill then why don't we .
This obviously is foolish. What I want to say is when you read some scripture read it completely don't just read a piece of it and start speculation. Moreover everyone human being senses are imperfect and what he percieves to be the truth may not be the one. So he has to approach a bonafide authority who comes in the disciplic succession of the Lord Himself who is Defect less and the whole purpose of his stating is maintained. For answering more questions U can try this book
"Perfect Questions and Perfect Answers" by His Divine Grace A.C Bhakti Vedanta Swami Prabhupada.This is published by ISKCON and u can find it in any of the ISKCON temples nearby. This books are not just leelas, they are perfect discussions of logic and philosophy where u will see how a bonafide authority can give u answers or explain to you about the
Scriptures. This is my sincere request as I have experienced. Moreover dont expect me to be some old man giving some foolish advice. I pursue my BTech in NIT Warangal CSE III year. I hail from HYD too. So please what Ive told and definetly you find the difference. You can mail me for furthur queries
shiva_agen007@yahoo.com.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

air jordan pas cher, burberry, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, air max, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, ralph lauren pas cher, kate spade outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin outlet, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, longchamp, ugg boots, replica watches, nike free, sac longchamp, tiffany and co, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, louboutin

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley, nfl jerseys, converse outlet, p90x workout, baseball bats, birkin bag, lancel, jimmy choo shoes, ralph lauren, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, gucci, chi flat iron, nike air max, bottega veneta, babyliss, ghd, longchamp, north face outlet, hollister, hollister, nike roshe, giuseppe zanotti, herve leger, new balance, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, soccer jerseys, asics running shoes, wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, vans shoes, reebok shoes, beats by dre, nike air max, vans, north face outlet, celine handbags, instyler, timberland boots, louboutin, mont blanc, soccer shoes, valentino shoes, insanity workout, ray ban, iphone cases, hollister, nike huarache

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home